The idea of our newest addition, Schafer Barn on the Hill, was prompted by visiting engaged couples that absolutely fell in love with the Century Barn, but needed a more spacious venue to accommodate more guests. We remodeled an existing barn on another property we owned just about 7 miles from the original Century Barn, adding large bathrooms, a commercial kitchen, rooms for the wedding party to get ready, and even it’s own bar. Then slowly and painstakingly my husband and his team added a vast 60’ X 100’ ceremony space, made of full tree-sized logs and beams, along with artistically designed metal fasteners engineered by our talented local welding shop. It is truly a sight to see!
$6,500 per event – includes:
- 2 days prior to event to decorate and set up
- 2 days afterwards for tear down and clean up
- Tables and chairs we have for ceremony and reception
- Use of a sleeping area if the bride and groom wish to spend the night during the event weekend
- Ice for day of the event
- Paper towels, toilet paper and trash bags for day of the event
- Shuttle service from parking to venue, etc, for day with a Ranger, golf cart, or one of our old tractors and trailers designed for passengers, in inclement weather
- Staff to work during event for set up, tear down, clearing tables, bartending, or whatever errands or jobs you may need
- Trash removal after the event
- Use of the space for rehearsal and rehearsal dinner, if desired
- We also require a $500 refundable security deposit
- Electrical power at an outdoor ceremony site, if needed
Single-Day Price List
- Saturday (8am-midnight): $3,000
- Friday or Sunday (8am-midnight): $2,500
- Weekday (8am-midnight): $1,500
- Antique tractor and hay rack rides $475
- Motor home/Bus service for day of the event $500 - $1,000
- Fireworks packages $500 - $1,000
- Walk Away Cleaning $350
- Decorating services - Let us do the set up for you! $1,500 for up to 200 guests that include table linens, table decor, and coordinating with your florist. (Sliding scale for pricing for additional guests.)
- Bridal party excursions/entertainment - ask about boating and other fun options!
- Add St John's Country Chapel as a beautiful ceremony space for only $500
- Table linens - white or buttercream - standard smooth material or crinkle linens - $4/each
- Wooden folding chairs - indoor or outdoor use - $4/each
Our barn will comfortably hold 525 people or more for the ceremony and reception.
We have a beautiful space for an outdoor ceremony.
The Bridal Suite and Schafer Lodge are both close by, and help make the Barn on the Hill a truly unique wedding “campus.” These options are offered first to the wedding couple getting married at the Schafer Barn on the Hill. If these accommodations are not needed, they will then be offered to the couple getting married that weekend at the Schafer Century Barn. We also have several other lodging options within minutes of the Barn on the Hill if your wedding family and friends need more space. (Look under the “Where to Stay” tab for details.)
A local non-profit organization, the ACT Abroad Group, holds the liquor license for the bar at Schafer Barn on the Hill. A drink price list is available upon request. Payments for alcohol can be made by the wedding family, a cash bar – or any combination you choose.
We respect our United States military and want to honor them. All current and veteran service men and women are welcome to use our barn for their event and receive a $1,500 discount as a small token of our appreciation for your service to our great country. Thank you for your service!
Want to renew your wedding vows? We discount 2% for every year you’ve been married to one another! For couples celebrating 50 years or more of marriage together, the barn is free and we welcome you to come enjoy it with your family and friends.